Monday, March 28, 2011

March 21st 2011

¡HOLA MI FAMILIA!
Once again it sounds like things are going well. Yes, I`ve been getting my levothyroxine just fune. I have been getting really, really tired again though, so Sister Jesperson told me to go get some blood tests done. The only problem is that today is a holiday here and the clinic was closed. Oh well, until next time. The retainer is also doing just great. When the Orthodontist made another, I am pretty sure there was a BYU simbol on it, so he put a picture of a martian in a UFO.
It has been a good week though. I had some stomach sickness, but my comp was able to keep me going. Life as a missionary is such a bizzare thing. You`re thrown into sooooo many situations that are sooooo unfamiliar, especially if you`re someone like me, and you`re really just flying by the seat of your pants all the time. One day you`ll meet someone that has a major drug problem that wants to quit, another day a guy with a slight drug problem that doesn`t want to quit, another day a young couple that try and do what`s right but have no idea how to guide their newborn baby girl in a good direction, another day someone who killed somebody in self defense, another day another, and another, and another. I feel so amazingly priviliged to be someone who has the amazing opportunity to show them a light in their lifes. A light that completely changes how we view God, the world, and ourselves. The transformative process of Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End is something more powerful than words of mine can describe. Even more so when we apply that cycle in our own lives.
I have seen people change their lives, leave behind the world, and decide to follow their Savior in this great work, but the greatest thing I have seen happen, is the change in myself! I can be a personal witness to those that desire to know if these things are true. A living proof of the Word. And yet, despite any sort of strength or temporal independence I might have attained, it is only the Spirit of the Lord that penetrates to the heart of the people that has any power to change or save. To see someone truly accept that saving influence has been the great privilege of my life. I know and understand this time draws to a close in the future, but while I AM here, I hope to always strengthen my faith in my Saviour to have some hope of bringing just one soul truly back to the presence of God.
It is my prayer and my hope that the Spirit of the Lord always strives with each and every one of you my beloved family, and that you will be strengthened as well, and that you might grow firmer and firmer in your faith, and stronger and stronger in your humility. May the blessings of the Lord always abound upon us, and I know that they will if we are obedient to His commandments, and protect us in these days that are so difficult.
I love you all so much. Thank you all for the sustaining and powerful influence you have all had in my life. I would not be who I am right now without my incredible family always guiding me in a firm and safe path. I know I could not have progressed to where I am now without each and every single one of you. Know that I love you. Know that I am so grateful for you. And please know that the Spirit testifies to me that He is always watching over you.
¡ADIOS MI FAMILIA!
Elder Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment