Friday, February 4, 2011

January 17th, 2011


¡HOLA MI FAMILIA!
Haha, I assumed people would like it. I told my comp, I gotta take a picture of that! He said, why? I said, You just don`t get it. Elder Tah is great though, but the other great thing is that I don`t really walk around in places that are super dangerous. The worst would be some ant hills that are kinda big in some fields we cross. I guess they can kind of itch. But it`s good to know more, just in case.
Wow, so the one year mark is officially gone. It is going to go by so much faster. I was talking with Elder Miller, another Elder from the generacion and he says that all the RMs in his ward are saying things like, well hold on Elder because the next year is going to go by even faster! I JUST BARELY STARTED! It honestly goes by so fast. In just a little more time I`ll just miss 6 months, then I`ll be home super fast. Weird.
I laughed really, really hard at the snow. Everyone looked at me weird. Elder Tah easked what is so funny and I just said...I have no idea how to say that in Spanish.
Poor nieces being sick and all. So fun to travel with sick children, I`m sure. And Than jumping out of a plane...that`s a sin my brother. Because you`re making me super worried and I`m all the way over here in Mexico! I`m seperated by miles and miles and miles from that plane but I`ve still got a sweat going on! Good luck, you`ve got more courage than I do.
Yes! I DID get the package! I actually took a movie, but it was too big. I don`t know what I have to do to send movies again. I put it on VGA, which I think is the lowest quality. It takes HD, WVGA, VGA, and QVGA. For those of you that have more abilities to know that stuff if you could tell me what is the lowest please? I try to winzip it but it barely shrinks the size at all.
Wow, well this week has been really good. We had a series of conferences with President Johnson, the Area Authority, and we learned much. He was supposed to talk about the Holy Ghost and it`s function, but I learned almost nothing about that. I learned about how to teach, and how to learn. It was very, very interesting. Elder Tah and myself have changed our teaching completely to help people understand better what is the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, and how it can help them in their lives. This week we saw 5 companionships in the zone complete the Standard of Excellence out of 7, and so we are very, very, excited for them.
As well, our investigators are doing great. We had 6 investigators at church this week, and we have started to really work with the Ward ans are starting to see them get excited to work in the vineyard of the Lord. Times running short, but we have the possibility to see 2 complete families recieve the gospel into their lives through baptism this week. I love this work, I love Mexico, I love my Heavenly Father for having sent me here, and I love you all. Thank you all for your letters, support, prayers, etc. Even if I am insensitive enough to not respond to you all, I do appreciate everything that comes.
Love you all,
¡ADIOS MI FAMILIA!
Elder Joseph Neil Newell

No comments:

Post a Comment