Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16th 2011

¡HOLA MI FAMILIA!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM! IM SUCH AN AWFUL SON! I can`t BELIEVE I forgot to say that in the call! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

WOOOOOOH ANDREA! And Team Newell! Pretty sure that will be Marvel`s next movie. Team Newell and the Halloween party of DOOOOOOM!

Actually, nobody does anything at all here for cinco de mayo. I even checked with other missionaries this time around, and nothing. It is like it doesn`t even exist. People usually remember it, but they don`t celebrate it in any form. Anti-climactic, I know.

Well, the big news here is that, CONCEPCION GOT BAPTIZED ALONG WITH HER TWO GRANDCHILDREN! They`re so amazing, and their baptism had no opposition from their part. Concepcion is amazing. She told us the day of her baptism she wants to be forgiven of many things she`s done. We were stunned! We asked, What could you possibly have done that is so bad? I don`t know if I mentioned this before, but her daughter was killed by the husband in a murder-suicide in front of Concepcion and the children of her daughter. She said she was horribly angry with the "muchachita" (I am pretty sure it was a side-affair on part of the husband) for so much of her life. She said she couldn`t even see her. She felt bad for these feeligns she had had, and wanted to be forgiven of them now that she has learned how to control them and feel a sincere desire for the welfare of this woman. Her faith really inspires me. I don`t know if I would be able to recognize those thoughts are wrong. I would probably continue in my grudge all my life. I hope I never have to find out.

Alexis, one of the children of her daughter that was baptized, will be the ward`s only deacon in two months when he turns 12, and will serve as the deacon`s quorum president! They are all so ready to serve, and desire to truly follow Christ. I love them so much.

The work is going great here as well, and we are working forward with more excitement and love for the peple than ever! I love this place, these people, and this incredible time I have to serve as a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Well, my times getting short, but know that I love you all, I`m praying for you, and continually desire your well being.

¡ADIOS MI FAMILIA!

Elder Newell

PS: Thanks for money parents, I bought some new shoes for sundays/conferences, and lots of medicine for sicknesses I am now getting over.

No comments:

Post a Comment